I love camembert and cheese in general, I also like anything deep-fried so voila – deep-fried camembert. Makes a lovely snack for two, or a very cheesy lunch for one!
Total time to make: 5-10 mins
- 1 whole camembert, cut into eight slices
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs, enough to shake and fill the bottom of a dinner plate
- 2 eggs beaten, leave in a bowl
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying, about 2 inches in a large frying pan
- Handful of raspberries for sharp blended raspberry dipping sauce
- Take one slice of camembert and roll around in the breadcrumbs, then turn over in the beaten eggs and another roll around in the breadcrumbs. Make sure it’s fully covered in breadcrumbs. Repeat this process for each of the camembert slices, placing each breadcrumb covered slice on a clean dinner plate as you go.
- Once the oil in the pan is hot enough (drop a breadcrumb in to see if it turns golden), Using tongs, place a slice of camembert into the oil at a time.
- Once you see the breadcrumbs browning on the bottom and halfway up the sides of the cheese, turn each piece and cook until this side is also golden.
- As your cheese is frying, blend your handful of raspberries a little and place in a pot.
- Remove each slice of camembert and place on a piece of kitchen towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with your blended raspberries.