- 150-200g of vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 mushrooms, chopped into really small pieces
- Vermicelli rice noodles, I used these pack of 5 but I just used one section.
- Handful of bean sprouts
- 1 garlic clove
- Packet of spring roll wrappers, I used four
- 2 spring onions, cut lengthways
- Put a tbsp of oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped mushrooms and bean sprouts until they begin to soften.
- Add your spring onion and garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add the cornflour and soy sauce to the veg, heating gently and the sauce thickens slightly. Leave on a very low heat.
- Boil the kettle and soak your vermicelli noodles in a bowl for 3 minutes.
- After the noodles have cooked, transfer them to the frying pan with the veg and mix, add salt and pepper.
- Soak one rice wrapper at a time in boiling water for around 10 seconds. Remove the wrapper and place on a dry plate, spoon about a golf ball size of the noodle mixture into the centre of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom of the wrapper over, then the sides, then roll up to the top. Your spring rolls should now look like this:
- Heat your vegetable oil in a deep wok. When heated slowly lower your spring rolls into the oil, either using a slotted spoon or a pair of tongs.
- Fry until both sides of your spring rolls are crisp and golden, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce and enjoy the crispy loveliness!