I love meals in the slow cooker, they’re straightforward, they taste great AND it’s minimal cooking at its best. This mushroom stroganoff recipe is really easy to do and is such a nice meal to come home to from a long day at work! I got my slow cooker, well, crock pot, from John Lewis a few years ago, but they still sell it. And it’s more than paid for itself! Here’s the link to the John Lewis one.
This recipe serves two hungry people.
- 300g mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
P.S. If you’re tight for time in the morning, I’d suggested pre-chopping your mushrooms, onion and garlic, so you’re ready to go!
- In your slow-cooker, bung in your mushrooms, garlic, onion, stock, paprika and seasoning, set it on a low heat for 8 hours
- Go to work
- Come home from work and boil rice or pasta
- Stir your sour cream and parsley into the mushroom mixture
- Once your pasta or rice is done, serve
You only have one pot and a pan to wash, too! Perfect. Now you can enjoy your evening!