I love pasta bake, but I’m getting bored of the Homepride Creamy Tomato jar. Although it’s a nice easy meal you just whack in the oven and stir occasionally – I wanted something with more flavour.
This pasta bake, with its crispy pancetta and gooey cheese, is the perfect winter baked pasta dish. It’s easy to make and it only takes 10 mins to prepare (including pasta cooking time) then you just pop it in the oven for 20 mins until it’s all crispy and melty.
You can watch the video of the recipe below, scroll further down to read the full ingredients list and method.
- 150 gluten-free pasta
- 70g ricotta cheese
- 50g red Leicester cheese
- Handful of spinach
- 80g bread chunks
- 3-6 rashers of pancetta
- 1/4 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- Put your pasta on to boil – whatever you packet recommends usually 10-12 mins
- Fry your pancetta slices and put to one side
- Mix your ricotta and red Leicester, add nutmeg and finally add the spinach. Mix well.
- Drain your pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water in your pan.
- Add your cheese and spinach mixture to the pasta, mix again.
- Crush your crispy pancetta and add to the pasta along with the bread chunks. Give it another good mix.
- Put the pasta into an ovenproof dish and bake on Gas Mark 6/180 degrees fan for 20 mins
- Serve and garnish with spinach for extra fancy-ness and admire – or just eat it.