Quorn is versatile and, most importantly, it’s gluten-free! It’s quick to cook and it’s cheap, too. There are so many positives to this meat substitute. You can add it to your spaghetti bolognese, lasagne, curry – the list goes on. Over the last week, we’ve been experimenting with a few Quorn recipes – we’ve tried to pack as much flavour into the dishes as possible and this one is my favourite so far. It’s full of taste and because you can cook it from frozen, it only takes 10 minutes – perfectly slotting into your mid-week meal plan.
This recipe serves two people.
So, what do you need?
- Half a bag of frozen gluten-free Quorn pieces (about 150g)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- Grated inch of ginger
- 250ml veg stock
- 250g tomato passata
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Handful of sultanas
- Tilda Lime and Coriander Steamed Basmati Rice (250g microwavable bag – because who has time to make this from scratch on a weeknight? Also, it tastes so good.)
Plus a dollop of Greek yoghurt for serving.
I love Tilda’s microwaveable rice range, particularly the ones stamped with ‘Gluten Free’ on the front. It just makes me so much happier knowing it’s definitely gluten-free. No time wasted obsessively reading the bold allergens, who’s with me?
- Fry your onion for a few minutes in the olive oil, then add your garlic and ginger and stir
- Add your spices and your Quorn pieces mixing well for a few minutes
- Add your passata, stock and sultanas and stir again
- Simmer on a low/medium heat for 10 mins stirring occasionally
- If, when your timer is almost finished, the sauce seems a little watery, go ahead and add in 2 tsp of cornflour to thicken it up
- Stir in your parsley, microwave your rice and serve with your Greek yoghurt
How easy was that?