Love a salad with flavour. And this salad is packing in the flavour. Different textures and colours – it’s got the lot.
So if you’re sick of flavour-lacking, leafy green salads, this recipe is for you.
Ingredients – enough for one
- 1 pomegranate
- Small handful of fresh mint
- 150g baby carrots
- 20g feta cheese
- 1 microwaveable packet of wild rice
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Wash the carrots and halve them – quarter them if they’re still a little chunky
- In a frying pan, along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, put the carrots in on a low heat for about 15 minutes. Turn them so they don’t burn. When they’re done they should have a little colour.
- Whilst your carrots are frying, halve your pomegranate and squeeze the juice of one half into a bowl. Add your red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Chop about a third of your mint leaves and add to the bowl.
- Cook your microwaveable rice according to its instructions and add to the bowl along with the carrots.
- Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds from the half you haven’t used. Crumble your feta over the salad and decorate with remaining mint leaves.