I’d seen a similar dish somewhere online, but it was chicken and asparagus noodles, so I took my inspiration from that dish and used other ingredients I had in my cupboards and fridge at the time. It’s been a hit with people who’ve tried it so far, so for your sake let’s hope they’re not lying!
Depending on the noodles you get, this dish can be really quick. The only part of it that takes a little time is cooking the veg and that’s like 10 minutes-ish, also this dish served me and my very hungry boyfriend, so do with this guide what you will!
- 200g rice noodles (I used these, they didn’t seem to tangle together, which is what I find really annoying about some other brands. Who has time to de-tangle? I’m not braiding someone’s hair – give me food!)
- Packet of asparagus
- 300g cup mushrooms
- Handful grated cheese
- 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce (I’ve found this one the best so far)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Splash of olive oil
- Snap the woody ends off the asparagus and slice the mushrooms
- Cook rice noodles according to packet. If you’ve used the same ones as me you just let them soak for 5 minutes in boiling water! Super quick
- Fry both asparagus and mushrooms in the oil until both have started to brown, add in crushed garlic cloves and fry for a further minute
- Drain rice noodles and add to the wok and mix into the vegetables
- Add your soy sauce and your cheese and stir until the cheese has melted
- Serve and enjoy!