This is great if you’ve got a bit of time in the morning, it’s nice to look at and it’s healthy – perfect! You’ll need…
x1 medium egg
Handful of rocket
x2 peeled white potatoes
Drop of white wine vinegar
Drop of oil for frying
1. Firstly, grate your peeled potatoes and soak up excess water using a paper towel or tea towel.
2. Shape your grated potatoes into patties, about the size of the palm of your hand and pat down so they’re flat.
3. Boil the water in your pan ready for your poached egg, and add the white wine vinegar.
4. Pop your potatoes into the frying pan, turning after a few minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Whilst your potato is frying and when the water has reached boiling point, carefully add your egg into the boiling water.
6. For a soft poached egg, leave in the water for 2 minutes, for a medium-hard poached egg, leave for a total of 4 minutes. Once eggs are cooked, remove with a slotted spoon.
7. Once cooked, place the potato rosti’s on your plate, decorate with a handful of rocket and place your poached egg on top.