This is a really quick recipe perfect for when you need to use up some old bananas. There isn’t much effort required for this, it only takes 5 minutes to mix everything and then it goes into the oven for 30 minutes – then you can stuff your face! amazing.
- 140g butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 140g gluten-free self-raising flour – I just used Sainsbury’s own
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 50g icing sugar (optional)
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4
- Butter your loaf tin, if you’ve only got a circular tin that’s fine – work with whatever you’ve got
- Cream your butter and sugar together, add the eggs and a sprinkling of your flour – mix together
- Fold in the rest of your flour, baking powder and mashed bananas
- Pour into your baking tin and bake for 30 mins when a knife or skewer comes out clean
- Cool in your tin for about 10 mins then transfer to wire rack
- Mixing your icing sugar with 3 tsp of water and drizzle over the top of your cake
Enjoy! How easy was that?!